09 November 2009

opals.

.







i have a current obsession with opals. actually, make that an enduring obsession with opals. ever since i was a child i've been incredibly mesmerised by their rainbows of twinkling colours, i was over the moon when i found out it was my birth month gemstone. living in australia this is opal country, i used to buy glass tubes full of water and tiny boulder opal chips and empty them out onto my floor to play with them. i thought they were magick. my dad bought me my first necklace, a tiny butterfly with wings made from crystally marquise opals. i still have it and wear it, even though one of the stones is now missing. Opals have long been associated with mysticism, both good and bad. they are said to bring luck and enhance all the positive attributes of your thoughts. as well as being completely bewitchingly beautiful.

.
ebay, hattons antiques
.

No comments:

Post a Comment